June 2, 2019
Newsletter June 2019
June 2019 Newsletter
We finally move towards some warmer weather and June is a great month to do a little cleansing to rehydrate and energize! It can be as simple as deciding to stick to healthy salads for lunch and starting every day off with a glass of lemon water! Combine these 2 strategies with a weekly yoga or bootcamp class and you are off to a great start this summer. See below for our easy 4 step plan to prep your salads ahead for the week. This June, feed the body more fruits, veggies and water!
Pack 5 Salads tonight for the whole week!
1. Start with the greens. To save time, pick up a package of prewashed salad greens. If you're using greens from your garden or a farmers market, just make sure they're completely dry before packing. Fill the container about three-quarters full of greens (about two to three cups).
2. Add the veggies, beans, and fruit. Go for carrots, cucumbers, tomatoes (use cherry and keep them whole), peppers, broccoli, chickpeas, kidney beans, corn, peas, or even fruit like grapes or blueberries. Drying off each ingredient with a paper towel will keep them crisper longer.
3. Add protein. For protein sources like marinated tofu, grilled chicken, hard-boiled eggs, certain types of cheese like cubed cheddar, and cooked (and cooled) quinoa, add these on top of the first three salads only (Monday's, Tuesday's, and Wednesday's). Then on Wednesday night, add protein to Thursday's and Friday's containers. Do the same with avocado, nuts and seeds, or very wet fruits like sliced strawberries.
4. Keep dressing separate until the moment you eat your salad. Purchase a few dip-sized containers. Or if you have an office fridge, keep a bottle of dressing there. Enjoy!
Lemons are packed with nutrients, including calcium, potassium, vitamin C, B-complex vitamins, iron, magnesium, and fiber. With so many healthy properties, it makes sense to bring them into your daily routine!
1. Improve Digestion
A glass of warm lemon water in the morning will stimulate digestive enzymes and the bowels to kick-start your metabolism and help you eliminate waste smoothly. It can also help treat indigestion issues like bloating, heartburn, burping, and constipation.
2. Strengthen Your Immune System
The anti-bacterial and anti-viral properties of warm lemon water help your body fight illness and infections. Lemon contains antioxidants that help eliminate toxins from the body, and is a rich source of Vitamin C which protects the body against immune deficiencies. Lemons are also alkalizing; they'll stabilize your body's pH balance which helps keep your immune system strong.
3. Boost Your Mood
The fresh lemony scent will start your day on a good note, and Vitamin C is a natural stress reducer. Lemon juice provides your body with energy when it enters your digestive tract, making it a healthy alternative to caffeine in the morning - no jumpy nerves or afternoon crash!
To reap the greatest benefits from your lemon water, drink a glass warm first thing every morning. Enjoy it on an empty stomach so it can kick-start your digestive system. Simply squeeze the juice from half a lemon into a mug. Add 1/4 cup cold water to the mug. Add 1/4 cup of boiling water to mug, stir, test temperature, and enjoy!
Kick start your body with Bootcamp in June!
One of the most effective ways to lean out, build strength and burn calories is with Bootcamps. We incorporate cardio, strength and core to give you Results! All levels welcome.
Mon, Wed & Frid @ 12-1pm
& Sundays @ 9am
Father's Day - give Dad the gift of health!
1 Month Pass of unlimited classes
for only $40!
Or 3 Personal Training Sessions for $249!
for gift certificates
Use Yoga to Fight Stress!
Do you ever feel under stress, with busy work or kid schedules, or don't sleep well at night?
This stress can easily build and manifest itself in our bodies...we feel run down, have low energy or get sick or injured. Is this you?
Yoga is an amazing tool to fight back against every day stresses. Besides loosening up tight bodies, it lifts your spirit and creates much needed “me time”. When was the last time you had an hour to yourself to breathe deeply?
I recently had a new client join my Yoga Flow classes, and after only 3 weeks of coming twice a week she is transforming: “I have this new found energy, feel so good in my body. I move better, less aches in my joints and sleep better!”
What kind of yoga is right for you? Well, there are lots of options for you, from power ashtanga or flow yoga to more gentler hatha yoga styles, but you usually need to give it a try to find out what speaks to you. Every teacher will bring you something different, so if you don’t hit jackpot the first time, keep trying new classes. And next time you travel, try visiting a local yoga studio – an excellent way to distress and tap into the local community!
So as we approach the summer, put yourself higher on the list of priorities. Take care of your health and reduce your stress levels with a weekly yoga class…you never know what other unexpected benefits will come your way! Hope to see you on the mat! Namaste, -Annika
For inspirations quotes, recipes and news join us on Facebook or check our blog!
Annika Beech at 4:25 PM